Small shops to be opened from 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM
IMPHAL: As the nation begins lockdown 3.0 from today till May 17, the Manipur state government has laid out a series of guidelines for the people of the state while imposing public curfew from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM everyday till further orders.
Meanwhile, besides markets at three Ima keithels, Nagamapal and Ngari Galli in Imphal, all other shops can be open from 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Announcing the extension of the lockdown for another two weeks, the Ministry of Home Affairs has divided the country in three zones — Red, Orange and Green – based on coronavirus risk-profiling and laid down guidelines of Dos and Don’ts.
According to latest figures provided by the Health Ministry, the total number of coronavirus cases climbed to 40,263 with as many as 1,306 fatalities. The ministry said 2487 cases and 73 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours, the new cases being a record one-day spike.
And as the Centre extended the lockdown for a second time to contain the noval virus, it has also laid down guidelines for the different zones besides some national restrictions.
While announcing the extension of lockdown, the MHA said a limited number of activities will remain prohibited across the country, irrespective of the zones, including travel by air, rail, metro and inter-state movement by road; running of schools, colleges, and other educational and training/coaching institutions.
And while the whole of Manipur state has been categorized under the Green Zone, which means that there are no any positive COVID-19 cases or that those positive has been cured, Suresh Baby, Chief Secretary, Govt of Manipur on Sunday issued a series of guidelines for the people of Manipur which are as follows:
That all activities are permitted except the following until further orders;
· All domestic and international air travels of passengers except for medical services, air ambulances and for security purposes or for purposes as permitted by MHA
· All passenger movements by trains except for security purposes or for purposes as permitted by State Home Department
· Inter-state Buses for public transport, except as permitted by State Home Department
· Inter-state movement of individuals except for medical reason or for activities as permitted by State Home Department
· All schools, colleges, educational/training/coaching institutions etc. However, online/distance learning shall be permitted
· Hospitality services other than those used for housing health/police/Government officials/healthcare workers, stranded persons including tourist, and those used for quarantine facilities and those catering home delivery of food
· All cinema halls, shopping malls, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places
· All social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions/other gatherings
· All religious places/places of worship shall be closed for public. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited
· All public transport including buses, taxis and auto rickshaws
· Barber shops, spas and salon
· Markets at three Ima keithels, Nagamapal and Ngari Galli in Imphal. Other markets may open from 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM
· Movement of public in between 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM (public curfew from 6:00 PM to 6:0 AM on all days until further orders)
· All Govt offices allowed to function subject to attendance of 50 percent of employees who are below Under Secretary rank. All employees above Under Secretary rank shall attend office
· All private offices are allowed subject to following social distancing