Infant killed after fire engulfed house

TMB Report

IMPHAL: A two year old infant was killed in a massive fire that broke out at her house at Shashaikhong Tang, Hunphung located in Ukhrul district.

The incident occurred at around 7.00 pm evening on Saturday.

According to source, the cause of the fire was a candle which her mother had kept nearby her bed. The mother had gone out from the room and sat in the kitchen waiting for her husband to return. It is reported that the mother had put all her three siblings to sleep on the same bed.

But, when fire began to rise, the two older siblings ran out from the room for safety leaving behind the infant baby on the bed. The fire brigade arrived at the spot and doused the fire. But, unfortunately most of the portion of the house was totally burnt down, source said.

Close Menu