IMPHAL: Fire broke out in two separate places in Ukhrul’s Hungpung village within 24 hours on Thursday, the fourth incident of major fire in the district this year.
Fortunately, no casualty was reported from the two fire incidents.
Both the incidents happened at the same location at Kazipphung with reports of huge loss of properties from two of the residences affected by the infernon.
According to the report, the first incident took place during the wee hours at 2:55 am when the whole locality was in deep slumber.
It has been suspected that the fire broke out due to a short circuit at KYS Zingthan’s kitchen which was razed down completely.
By the time the fire tenders rushed to the spot, locals had already doused half of the fire and the firemen later doused it completely.
On the same day, another fire incident was reported from KSV Tharawung’s residence which happened at around 9:50 pm at night.
This is the fourth major fire incident in Ukhrul this year. The fire is suspected to have started from the kitchen. As per the report, during the time of the incident, the whole family members were sleeping in the room, however, the family escaped the fire unhurt.
According to locals, two filled cylinders, which were in the kitchen exploded, sending out huge noise.
One barrel of diesel, gasoline and other stuff which were kept at the storeroom worth around Rs 15 lakh were also destroyed, it was reported.
So far, the total cost of property loss in the two incidents is yet to be ascertained.
Locals have expressed concern over the frequent fire cases in the district and have called upon the authorities and like-minded people for creating awareness program or workshop related to fire-safety measurement.