32-year old man remanded to judicial custody for killing younger brother

TMB Report

IMPHAL: The Judicial Magistrate First Class, Imphal West-I has remanded a 32-year old man who killed his own younger brother by striking his head with a spade on June 12 morning last to judicial remand till June 29.

The incident had happened at Santhel Awang Leikai under Mayeng Imphal Police Station, Imphal West. 

The accused Md. Chesam Siraj Khan, son of Md. Noorjaman of Santhel Awang Leikai was produced before the court on Monday after completion of 2 days’ police custody remand along with a prayer for further remand in judicial custody for smooth investigation of the case.

The investigating officer of the case presented the fact that the elder sister of the accused lodged a complaint before Mayang Imphal Police Station stating that on June12 at around 9.30 am his brother Md. Chesam Siraj Khan, hit her youngest brother Tamir Khan, 27, on his head with a spade. As a result of Md. Tamir Khan received injury on his head and was evacuated to RIMS hospital for medical treatment but succumbed to the injuries.

During the course of investigation, the accused was arrested on the same day and during the police custody period the murder weapon which was an iron spade with a bamboo handle with strands of hair suspected to be those of the deceased was recovered as pointed out by the accused.

It is said that the police team also recovered ropes and clothes which were used by the locals to tie up the accused after overpowering him following the commission of the crime.

It was further submitted that during the course of interrogation, the accused fully admitted the charges leveled against him, though his behavior was dubbed as wild. He told that his deceased younger brother live together with him in their house and he was about to get married. 

It was further revealed that on the day of the incident Md. Tamir Khan allegedly scolded him for not doing household work in time while he was still in bed. The accused felt bad at the scolding, came out from his room and hit his younger brother on the head with the spade which was kept at the southern veranda of their house.

The court on perusal of the case and after hearing the submission of the IO of the case through APP found prima facie evidence and was satisfied with the police prayer and thus remanded the accused into judicial custody remand for further investigation of the case till June 29.

Close Menu